New Zealand 7172
Established In: 1997
Renovated In: 1997
Fax: +64 (0)3-525-7177
|Contact: John and
Send An Email:
Occupant Rate Is:
Cheques, MasterCard, Visa
|Minimum Stay Is:
|Check In Time Is:
|Check Out Time Is:
provided plenty of notice is given
John and Pam would like to welcome you to our spacious
modern home in a peaceful rural setting overlooking the Kahurangi
Golden Bay offers many activities and crafts and we
enjoy assisting visitors make the most of their time here.
We are close to the beautiful beaches of the bay, and
our two magnificent National Parks Abel Tasman and Kahurangi.
Pam loves cooking, using fruit and vegetables from our
garden. She enjoys catering for special diets, our substantial
breakfasts include home made bread, muesli, yoghurt, marmalade and jams.
In summer we will often have a barbecue.
Our library has many New Zealand books for browsing in
the peaceful guest's lounge. Internet and email access is welcomed.
We have no children at home, nor pets. We ask guests not
to smoke inside.
Both rooms have ensuite bathrooms, one is ramped and is
completely accessible, as is most of the house.
Turn left at the first or second junction (both Dodson
Road) after Paynes Ford, 2 km before Takaka
Kahurangi Guided Walks:
We also operate Kahurangi Guided Walks, with trips up
into the mountains of New Zealand's newest and second largest National
Park. It is an untouched wilderness area and includes the world renowned
Heaphy Track and Wangapeka Track as well as many lesser known walking
tracks and routes used mainly by local people.
Prices vary for each hike. Please inquire for current rates.
We provide you with the opportunity to explore and enjoy
the park in complete safety with a trained guide
Our company specializes in taking small groups into the
Kahurangi National Park. Whether you are after a short walk through
native forest or alpine meadows, golden beaches or old gold mining
areas, or a longer tramp into the more remote and untouched parts of
Kahurangi, we've got the walk for you!
We operate under a concession from the Department of
Conservation. Our tour parties are small, personal and unique to your
Walks in the Kahurangi are available all year round, we
have graded and timed them to help you chose the walk most suitable for
the time you have and your level of fitness
Half Day Walks:
- The Wainui Falls - 2 hour walk time - grade 2
- Pupu Walkway - 2.5 hour walk time - grade 2
One Day Walks:
- Historic Chaffey Cottage - 4 hours walk time - grade
- Aorere Goldfields - 4 hours walk time - grade 2
- Cobb Valley - 3 hours walk time - grade 2
- Cobb Ridge - 4 hours walk time - grade 4
- Sylvester Lakes - 5 hours walk time - grade 4
- Mount Arthur - 5 hours walk time - grade 4
- The Kaituna Crossing - 7 hours walk time - grade 5
- The Cobb Valley Explorer - short walk - grade 2
- Anatoki - Stanley - 3 to 4 days - grade 7
- Boulder Lake - 3 to 4 days - grade 7
- The Tablelands - 3 to 4 days - grade 5
- Fenella Hut - 3 to 4 days - grade 5
- Dragons Teeth - 5 days - grade 9
- The Leslie/Karamea - 6 to 8 days - grade 6
- Sylvester Lakes - 2 to 3 days - grade 4
- The Wangapeka Track - 5 days - grade 5
The Heaphy Track, one of New Zealand's 'Great Walks'
- The Heaphy Track - 5 days - grade 3 to 4
- Available all year round except January and
Easter, we include transport and return to Nelson, all meals on
the track. We have food drops and some 'sherpa' assistance so
you don't have to carry a lot of weight!
*View All Images
Web Page: Yes
Languages Spoken: English
Types of Breakfasts: Cooked or
Special Meals Available: Yes
Room Types: Suites/Rooms
Private Bathrooms: Yes
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Smoking: Yes - outdoors only
Consumption of Alcohol: Yes
Amenities/Features: BBQ, TV, Phone,
Nearby Activities: Bicycling, Hiking,
Mountain Biking, Golfing, Horseback Riding, Fishing, Surfing, Sea
Kayaking, Water Skiing, Bird Watching, Astronomy, Hang Gliding, Sailing,
Windsurfing, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Shopping, Sight Seeing,
Suitable For: Pleasure, Relaxation,
Family, Cultural Experience
Near To: Beach, Ocean, Lakes, Rivers,
Orchards, Mountains, Caves, Jungles, Forests, Countryside, Nature &
Parks, Waterfalls, Alpine Meadows, Wildlife Sanctuaries
Open: All Year